[ale] as promised/threatened, an overly long post with probably nothing of real importance

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed May 4 10:22:45 EDT 2011

It seems reliable to me - I get the email every month and attend the
meetings for the last 6 years and also for 5 or 6 years before my move
to North Carolina.   There was an issue with the email several months
ago but IIRC that only occurred once and was resolved quickly.   Did you
ever contact Lindsey about the issue you are having?

The point in my email was to say that while there is NOT currently a
mailing list for on topic issues at AUUG that if someone volunteered to
maintain it I imagine AUUG wouldn't mind hosting it.   Also with the
discussion of reorganization questions Lindsey has been asking it might
dovetail into doing the SAGE thing.   I just can't see a need in Atlanta
for two separate professional UNIX/Linux admin groups and fear they'd
end up making each other less than they could be.