[ale] as promised/threatened, an overly long post with probably nothing of real importance

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed May 4 08:44:10 EDT 2011

I've been on the ALE list since around 1995.  Things have changed
dramatically since that time.  Back then, you simply did not see the OT
stuff that is posted to the list now.  I have not done any statistical
measure, but for me, the noise to value ratio of this list is terribly poor.

That being said, things need to change, or a good number of folks will
leave.  Some already have.

For those who feel a need to leave ALE for the lack of Linux focus,
contact me as Jerald and I are in the process of setting up a local SAGE
group.  It will be technically focused.  There will be an OT list and
there will be a moderated tech list.

Later.

--
Until later, Geoffrey