[ale] 64-bit vs 32-bit?

jwkite at gmail.com jwkite at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:46:35 EDT 2011

I run Ubuntu 64 bit for a desktop and have for a couple of years. I also have a 32 bit desktop for my kids. The differences seem to be very minor. For a while there were issues with proprietary things like Flash, but those issues are diminishing.

The only plus that I have seen it that I can run >4GB RAM. Since I use my machine for editing and mastering audio I find that to be valuable.

Josh Kite