[ale] samba and tutorial for samba newbie

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Wed Mar 30 05:21:24 EDT 2011

I haven't had any issues with samba working the last 13 yrs or so.
Perhaps if you posted a sanitized version of your /etc/samba/smb.conf
someone would help?

Why have NTFS + Samba? I'd use XFS + Samba myself. Definitely use a UNIX
file system that understands native UNIX file permissions, not
FAT/FAT32/NTFS. This is just an opinion, perhaps someone else has NTFS +
Samba working.

Here's a stab at the issue - perhaps you aren't properly mounting the
NTFS partition with the proper user/group permissions desired?