[ale] OT: Disposal of standard fluorescent lamps?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 17:47:05 EDT 2011

I would have to drill holes in a new one for the taps plus be able to seat
3-4 homebrew kegs in the fridge. This one was built in 1973 and as long as
the cat fur is removed from the intake vents, just runs. The new ones have
more insulation but this one an enamel over steel liner.

The new ones use a different style compressor that is rather more efficient
but the entire systems are built to not last but 10-15 years. My parents
house has a fridge from around late 50's-early 60's that still runs just
fine. The 12 year fridge I bought new died and was replace recently. The 20
year old washer finally died. The replacement lasted 5 years. Ditto on the
dryer. Replacement is when the repair costs 1/2 a new one.