[ale] OT: Disposal of standard fluorescent lamps?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 15:06:42 EDT 2011

Mike,

That would be because "heat" rises and heat/vibration/static discharge are
the enemies of electronics.The CFLs have electronic ballasts which basically
get "fried" by the heat. I've never had one last anything like the # of
years they are supposed to. I also find they don't like enclosed fixtures
either, the're much happier if they have some air circulation via convection
(and other wise) in a non-sealed fixture.

BTW, Atlanta lightbulb (now on Mountain Industrial Blvd on the corner of
Granite Drive, opposite side and a few buildings north of the Sam's club)
used to recycle all manner of fluorescent bulbs, for free IIRC.