[ale] OT: way off topic but help!!!!

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:17:30 EDT 2011

Ron,

You are right, merely paying the taxes does NOT transfer ownership. However,
if the original owner had failed to pay and the taxing authority (usually
the county in GA), held a tax sale on the property and your father had been
the one who bought it at the sale (which is ONLY for the amount of taxes
owed and accumulated atty fees and such) he WOULD have been the proud owner
of the property if the original owner did not redeem the property within 14
months if IIRC. However, since the tax sale extinguishes all
non-governmental leans, had there been a mortgage on the property, the
mortgage holder would surely have paid the taxes and extracted them from the
original owner.