[ale] OT: way off topic but help!!!!

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Thu Mar 24 12:09:26 EDT 2011

I'm no expert, but I will share an experience my Dad had with you. Short
answer, find an attorney and get some solid info right now. My Dad used
to be renting a property as well. The owner was out of state and a very
strange character. One day, a neighbor told my dad about some yellow
signs that were attached to some of the trees around the edges of the
property. Dad checked, and the signs said the property was about to be
auctioned off for non payment of property taxes. My Dad went and paid
over $ 1000 of back taxes on behalf of the owner, because he couldn't
locate the owner at the time. As far as I know, had he not done that,
the property would have been auctioned off and my Dad and Mom would have
been evicted. He had only days to spare. He later recovered the money by
deducting from the rent.

A mortgage situation is a bit different, and they take longer to
foreclose / evict, etc. However, sometimes property taxes are attached
to the mortgage, so that might be an issue. In my opinion, get to the
bottom of it now, or there could be bad consequences. I don't think the
property management company has any real authority here. Panic is rarely
effective. However, I would be highly motivated.

Sincerely,

Ron