[ale] lots of patches on Ubuntu today

The Don Lachlan ale-at-ale.org at unpopularminds.org
Thu Mar 17 13:38:22 EDT 2011

On 03/17/2011 09:10 AM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> Hi guys.  Ubuntu's update manager wanted to install 118 patches today.
> I didn't notice the number before I clicked install.  As it was going
> along, I noticed lots of it was the mono libraries.  However, there were
> a number of others as well.  Do you guys know of any major security news
> or something to trigger this?  Or, just normal stuff?

I don't see anything recent for Mono in:
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/lucid-changes/2011-March/thread.html
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-security-announce/2011-March/thread.html

I also took a look at a few mono packages and they hadn't been updated in a
year.
http://packages.ubuntu.com/

Not sure what you saw, but those are the places to check.

-Lachlan