[ale] [ANNC] ALE CENTRAL MTG. for Thursday, March 17, 2011

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Wed Mar 16 21:08:23 EDT 2011

Raylynn Knight wrote:
> Over the last 3 years I've replaced most of my ~400 of my ~800 albums
> with used CDs which I promptly ripped to flac and mp3 before storing
> the CD.  I tried using a USB turntable with the record albums to
> create the digital files, but could not get acceptable sound quality.
> I'm now @ about the halfway point and some of the CDs are difficult
> to locate or the album was never released on CD.

I've actually been buying new cds or purchasing iTunes replacements for
many of my LPs.  But, a good number of my LPs were never pressed to cds
and/or not available on iTunes.   Years back, I was big on purchasing
small local bands vinyl, thus you simply can't find their stuff anywhere
else.  I've had pretty good luck converting some of them using my 35
year old turntable, amp pluging in the aux out to my sound card.