[ale] Where to get some Hard Drive mounting screws?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 14 14:29:38 EDT 2011

William Bagwell <rb211 at tds.net> writes:

> On Monday 14 March 2011, John Pilman wrote:
>> I have a medicine bottle of miscellaneous spare computer screws in the
>> Marietta/Acworth/Woodstock area.  Or I could also mail a few.  I have
>> four that I just verified.  They are hex head, so they look like 'B'
>> in the photo.
>
> I use a tiny metal can that originally held BB gun pellets. Was able to
> *almost* duplicate the picture I posted earlier with just its contents.
> http://mysecondbathouse.com/ComputerScrewsSm.jpg
>
> Not only better resolution from using a flatbed scanner instead of a
> camera, since it is my picture I don't have to worry about being sued:-O
> So feel free to share! And if I get energetic I may shop in the missing
> view of D.

Based on this new picture, my screws have a flat head (similar to A) but
look more like B or E in terms of the stem.  They need a flat head in
order to get behind the drive tray rails.  A head like B, C, or D wont
fit.  The E head *may* fit, but my screws look thinner.

I live in Midtown, but sometimes have business in Dunwoody and Sandy
Springs, but I'd prefer not to drive all the way to Duluth if I can
avoid it.  Worst case I could probably drive out to Microcenter in
Marietta (it's a bit closer).

-derek