[ale] just installed LibreOffice in Linux, should have been easier

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Sun Mar 13 21:12:37 EDT 2011

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:11:25 -0400
Ron Frazier <atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions on the LibreOffice website download page.
> How am I supposed to know there are all these easier methods
> elsewhere?

It is something you don't even have to think about.  Most of us will
just wait until LibreOffice replaces OpenOffice in our distribution.

Why was it necessary to switch to the new fork before your distro?  Did
I read that you're running Ubuntu?  LibreOffice will be shipped as
default with 11.04 in a few months anyway.

Pat