[ale] just installed LibreOffice in Linux, should have been easier

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Mar 13 11:33:24 EDT 2011

On 3/13/2011 9:35 AM, JD wrote:
> Here's a challenge to all those who are still pointing and clicking.
> For every administrative task this week, try to do it from the shell
> instead. Ask for help if you need it, but please read the man page
> **first** - some of the man pages do really suck. Learning how to read
> a man page takes time and practice, then it becomes very clear.
> `apropos` is your friend too.
my issue with installing software from the command-line is mostly trying
to install X, when it is meant for Squeeze & I only have Lenny.. the
requirements make it impossible to install. Or you get X & the
./configure says you need Y installed first. trying to install Y it says
you need A1 installed.... 2 hours later, installing STUFF, I forget what
it was I originally wanted to install!

--
Paul Cartwright