[ale] just installed LibreOffice in Linux, should have been easier

Pablo Ordonez pablo.f.ordonez at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 09:23:00 EDT 2011

Hi there

I'm in Ubuntu  Maverick

Here is the  ppa for Libre Office

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu maverick main

I was there three weeks after the creation of Libre Office Fundation.

Advantages:

Install Libre Office with one click
Uninstall Open Office with the same click
Finally, keeps you with the last version of libre office

There is a ppa for any need in Ubuntu. :)

My Top five list ppa

*Wacom tablet out of the box with the last driver.*

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/doctormo/wacom-plus/ubuntu  maverick  main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/doctormo/wacom-plus/ubuntu  maverick  main

*Mplayer last version " Nvidia aceleration":)*

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/motumedia/mplayer-daily/ubuntu  maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/motumedia/mplayer-daily/ubuntu  maverick
main

*GIMP one window  :() Less clutter*

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/matthaeus123/mrw-gimp-svn/ubuntu maverick
main

*Synapse a quick launcher that works with  zeitgeist engine** *

deb  http://ppa.launchpad.net/synapse-core/ppa/ubuntu  maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/synapse-core/ppa/ubuntu  maverick main

*My favorite browser*

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu maverick main
deb-src http://ppa.launchpad.net/chromium-daily/ppa/ubuntu maverick main

Even though you become a tester with some of them, these releases  are
pretty stable  in my experience.

Enjoy

Pablo

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/libreoffice-gets-3-3-0-stable-version-released-ppa-installation-instructions-included.html