[ale] Canonical makes Apple look so good...

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Fri Mar 11 13:47:29 EST 2011

On 03/10/2011 01:15 PM, Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Interesting ongoing developments in Mark Shuttleworth's blog.
>
> I don't have a position, but not being a developer, this is all just
> fascinating to me:
>
> http://www.markshuttleworth.com/archives/654

http://blogs.gnome.org/bolsh/2011/03/11/lessons-learned/

is also a good read. The summary is

FreeDesktop.org is broken as a standards body
Mark Shuttleworth doesn’t understand how GNOME works
GNOME is not easy to understand
Deep mistrust has developed between Canonical, GNOME & KDE
Difficult people are prominent in each of these projects
Behind closed doors conversations are poison
For people to work together, they need to be in the same place

--
All the best,
Brian Pitts