[ale] Usb Autorun Attacks Against Linux At Shmoocon 2011

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Mar 11 12:15:23 EST 2011

I had been meaning to turn off autorun on my Linux systems anyway. You
can do this from the Nautilus file browser. Go to edit, preferences,
media. At the top, there are a number of individual media items that you
can set to "do nothing". At the bottom is a drop down of lesser used
media. For each one of these, you have to set a corresponding drop down
below to "do nothing". There is no way to see all these options at once.
After I save these, I go back in and check the "Never prompt or start
programs on media insertion" checkbox just to be sure everything is off.

Ron