[ale] Debian Squeeze install on MSI board?

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 9 20:20:51 EST 2011

I have an AMD 64 bit system that I tried to do a net installation with
Squeeze. It would not complete the boot process, hanging part way
through both times I tried.

The MB is an MSI K9A2 Platinum, and I'm not sure if anyone else is
familiar with this board when used with a Debian AMD64 distribution.

I'm not a wizard at knowing the ins and outs of various distros. It's
been a few years since I was using Sarge as my server distro, and that
was using a 32 bit version.

I'm wondering if this might be associated with the ACPI function. I
haven't had a chance to capture the on screen messaging, due to the fact
that my wife was calling me to go shopping with her. :-(

I may have a chance to look at it again tomorrow, but was wondering if
there were any common issues with MSI boards, etc., using Squeeze.

Thanks,

Dan