[ale] Ubuntu to Debian Switch?

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Wed Mar 9 14:28:24 EST 2011

I do NOT want to discuss Ubuntu's ethics on this thread.  There's a
separate thread for that.

Has anyone switched from Ubuntu to Debian and kept /home around?  I
currently have an eCryptFS-encrypted /home dir, and I'd like to keep
that encryption, my preferences, and my data intact.  /home is a
separate partition (actually an LV on LVM on software RAID-1), so I
should just be able to blow Ubuntu away and install pure Debian,
right?  (I'm thinking Debian testing...)

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com