[ale] BIND configuration issue

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Mar 9 09:08:36 EST 2011

Hello,

I have two BIND servers that talk to each other, but they are having
issues with replication between the two.

I have the primary system with a public IP address and a slave with a
public IP address.  However, the slave also has an RFC1918 address.  It
seems that it will use that IP address to attempt AXFR, but this is a
problem because the IP address it uses at the NAT is dynamic, and so
when it attempts an AXFR, it is being refused by the primary server.

What I need is to tell BIND that it is to use the public IP address and
not the RFC1918 one when it is issuing an AXFR.  I can't seem to find
out how to do that, however.  Help!

	--- Mike