[ale] [ALE] Hardware issues w/Linux

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:19:23 EST 2011

This sounds like a chipset problem. A serial connection to console during
boot will keep screen data. Look at what happened just before the panic.  If
possible try different live CDs with different distros and especially
different kernels.
64 bit accesses chipsets differently so a 32 bit may work fine.
If 64 bit memtest runs fine them ram is most likely good.
Also newest mobo with newest chipset is likely flaky on 6 month old live cd.