[ale] best source for inexpensive used systems?

Preston Boyington preston.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 10:02:54 EST 2011

Robert wrote:
> I'm looking to replace an aging system, and am looking at used (off-lease)
> systems in the <$150 price range. Really just needs to be able to do common
> internet tasks.. The most taxing task will most likely be watching
> high-definition youtube videos. Bonus if it comes with XP so I can dual-boot
> for those rare occasions when I need windows. Currently I'm looking at
> geeks.com... Anyone have any favorites, online or local?

I saw this in a Tiger Direct email today:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7122664
Item Number: 	J001-10138
Model: 	RB-GX520 2.8/1/DVD
Price: 	  $149.99

Dell OptiPlex GX520 Desktop PC - Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 1GB DDR2, 80GB
HDD, DVDROM, Windows XP Professional (Off-Lease)

(no monitor)