[ale] Best 2TB drives to extend my RAID array?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 3 09:46:30 EST 2011

Hey alers,

My 1.8TB RAID(10) array is close to filling, and I'm looking to buy some
additional drives to extend it.  I was thinking that I'd buy a pair of
7200RPM 2TB drives to effectively double my raid size, which should last
me several years at the current usage rate.  Anyone have recommendations
for currently-available drives?  All else bring equal I'm thinking about
buying this drive:

  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145473

Has anyone else been in the market for large drives and/or have
opinions?

Thanks!

-derek