[ale] Pentium vs AMD vs DDR3 based motherboard

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 09:44:27 EDT 2011

Friends:

I currently have a Biostar ATX Motherboard that houses a BE2400 AMD cpu.
There is 4GB of DDR2 RAM.  This is my ongoing Myth Backend Server.

I have another HTPC with MSI mATX motherboard iwth 4GB of DDR2 RAM with AMD
|| X2 250 CPU trying to run MythFrontEnd.

I want to replace my Myth Server(the BE2400 cpu one)

1.  I am thinking of putting my Less powerfuls BE2400 CPU to the HTPC.

2.  Buy a new ATX DDR2 based motherboard, put the CPU (X2 250) yanked out
from the HTPC to this new motherboard. (cost of MB = 60.00)

However memory for DDR3 is cheap approx 8GB for $50

Is it better to just buy a new DDR3 based Mother board with a diff CPU ?

I am confused and would some suggestions/advise.

-Narahari