[ale] Just found a nifty little tool – Diodon

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Jun 28 19:00:37 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 18:01 -0400, Wolf Halton wrote:
> I tried to get this, but it failed on configure.  Said I didn't have
> appindicator-0.1 The software has an Ubuntu repository, but I don't
> seem to be able to add it to my repos, so I did a download of source
> and attempted to get an install done.

What happened when you attempted to install it from the repo?

You might be able to simply do "sudo aptitude build-dep" for it so that
you can build from source, if for whatever reason you can't install the
binary from the repository.  Otherwise, yes, you'll likely need to pull
the appindicator dev package in.

Nice app, but it is really annoying that they didn't simply write to the
system tray specification.  WTF is it with ubuntu making specs that
nobody else really gives a fsck about?

	--- Mike