[ale] dialing on Android and driving will kill you and others.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 11:32:51 EDT 2011

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:01 AM, George Allen <glallen01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course -- people used to be able to do this too, when they were
> smart enough to learn how to use the rules, brakes and turn signals in
> addition to the gas, wheel and horn.
>
> Interferes with the eating/dialing/texting/makeup/phoning/kids/etc.

Of course using a signal is now interpreted to the following driver as "the
blinking light indicates a hole to be filled not by the car with the
blinking light".

I was once passed on the right at an intersection while I was signaling a
proper right turn in the right lane. Driver behind me jumped right and sped
around me as I was beginning the turn. Lucky for both I was looking hard
right (further than needed for the turn) and caught the motion in my
peripheral vision.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/