[ale] OT: Your hard drive and the Law

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:59:47 EDT 2011

Thought this might be interesting to the rest of you.  The only
political position I am taking on this is that it is Good to Know your
Rights.

-- CHS

* Know Your Rights: What to Do When Law Enforcement Goes
 After Your Digital Data

The Fourth Amendment to the Constitution protects you from
unreasonable government searches and seizures, and this
protection extends to your computer and portable devices.
But what should you do if the police or other law
enforcement officers show up at your door and want to
search your computer?  EFF newest guide explains your
rights if officers try to search the data stored on your
computer or portable electronic device. Check out the guide
now, then head over to our online quiz to test your
knowledge.
Know Your Rights guide:
https://www.eff.org/wp/know-your-rights
Quiz: