[ale] svideo recorder to hard disk

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 14:59:48 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 12:52 PM, arxaaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/06/27, at 11:52 , Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
>
>> Here is the situation.
>>
>> I have susbcribed to Indian TV programming.  It comes via Silverlight.
>>
>> I used recordmydesktop in combo with xdotool to automate recording
>> of programs in the middle of the day and middle of night.
>>
>> It was working ok but the sound was crappy.
>>
>> I have a spare pc that I put WindozeXP on and I am automating that
>> with autohotkey (btw linux needs this bad)
>>
>> I have now taken Svideo out of the Windze Machine (along with analog
>> audio) and I am inputting that to a regurlar plain old vcr with
>> scheduled recording.  It works good.
>>
>> I want to replace the VCR with a Tivo or a DVR device.  Tivo is
>> preferred because Tivo has networking abitlities and allows me to
>> get to the programming from other boxes.
>>
>> However, Tivo requires subscription and I am trying to learn how to
>> use Tivo without subscription.
>>
>> Once it is on Tivo I want to be able to pull the .tivo file and put
>> it on the Myth Backend server.  This way Myth front end can retreive
>> the video and watch it on the main tv.

There seems to be an extra step here. Rather than going from the XP
machine >> VCR /Tivo >> MythTV machine, why not let the MythTV backend
do the recording?  Run the Svideo and analog audio from the XP machine
straight to the PVR-150 of your MythTV machine.* Once the programs
have been recorded by MythTV, they will be available to all computers
on the network.

*(You might need to run the audio from your XP machine to the mother
board's, rather than the PVR-150's, audio)