[ale] audio sox and channels

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 10:53:14 EDT 2011

Friends:

Some of you are audio video experts.  I want to pick your brains.

I have a video file AustrianAlpsTyrol.mpg that I recorded from PBA (Rick
Steves)

It is a good recording with Mono audio.(aka left channel only)

I was able to extract audio from the .mpg file I used ffmpeg.

I need help in the steps

a.  Remove Audio from the original mpg file.

b.  Copy Left channel to right channel of the audio (aka make Mono to
Stereo).
I am told that SOX does this but not sure how.

c. Put the Stereo audio back to the mpg file.

Any inputs on where to find this info is appreciated.

-Narahari