[ale] [OT] Great Geek Giveaway!

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 12:39:34 EDT 2011

GGG is ON! after 9am Saturday
4003 Allenwood Way
Tucker, GA 30084

I'm adding my entire SGI stack with software and specials to the mix:
x1 dual CPU (r12k) dual GPU (w/TRAM) Octane with maxed RAM and PCI card cage
and personal video option card, SGI 22" minitor, keyboard, mouse, SGI video
camera, x2 SGI origin 200 w/ Craylink cable plus Lightwave and IRIX and
other tools.

$500 for entire lot. Don't even ask what I paid for all of this. Especially
if SWMBO is around. I've spent enough time in the doghouse over this stuff
already. Apparently "Double Jeopardy" is allowed in marriage but not the
legal system.

Trivia:

The Octane was actually used making the first Scooby Doo movie. The origins
were used by @home (and came originally with enough credit card data on the
drives to worry me! - now wiped). The Craylink cable makes the 2 Origins act
as a single system. Pretty cool.

Origins have _no_ plastic but the Octane looks fine. I think even the light
bar still works.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org>wrote:

> Hey Jim!  Is the "GGG" still on for this weekend?  If so, when and
> where?
>
> Rich in Lilburn

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*