[ale] ranting about new Ubuntu UI

Richard Bronosky richardbronosky at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 07:22:02 EDT 2011

Again, I'm speaking without using it. Have they not implemented a shortcut
for a quick search? Every app on my Mac is one key chord then a few
characters away. Having a permanent icon for anything is kind of silly.

We have 3TB drives and hundreds of thousands of apps at our disposal.
Traditional organization no longer applies and that its only going to get
worse in the future.

It's not just people in third world countries that benefit from these new
UIs. It's my children. They shouldn't be burdened with some 50 year old UI
because it is what my Dad knew. Today's children are exposed to touch UIs
first. They are going to have the same vitriol for the traditional UIs as
what you are seeing here for the FIRST RELEASE of Unity. It will get better.