[ale] Cutting the satellite

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 17 14:33:44 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 14:26 -0400, Cy Kurtz wrote:

> Do it. You'll save money and time, and a lot of that stuff you think
> you're going to miss you can find on the internet, whether you surf to
> it or go roku.

I don't have the problem of watching too much TV. I have a condition
that prevents me from sitting still enough to actually watch TV.
Honestly I may watch 2 hours a week.  In the house hold I receive the
least value of the $90/mon we are paying.  However, I do have the desire
to learn all the time and I need that need to be met.  If I can get into
a mode to watch TV I'll watch something decent that I may learn from.
Even If I've seen it 10x before.

BBC Four has a lot of good programming but not to the US.  I've used Tor
to make it appear if I was in the UK so I could watch some of their
educational programming.

I can do stuff like that but the kids and wife can't.