[ale] [OT] USB Charger

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Jun 15 12:35:39 EDT 2011

I have so many devices that use USB to charge

1.  Mifi
2.  Android
3.  BT Headset
4.  I touch

I need something that plugs into  AC and provides at least 4 USB ports
for charging.  A power strip but for USB.  The mifi is a problem device
because it will draw more than 500mA on charge.   It requires a good USB
cable and good charger (high current with no Vdrop) to charge.  I bought
some 12v car USB chargers that are rated for 1A and they don't provide
the power.  Those with the mifi know what I'm talking about :(

Any idea if this device exists?  I need to limit the amount of wall
waters to 1 due to RF noise and I'm tired of using a power strip with a
bunch of chargers.

Chris