[ale] USB to parallel port for a printer

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Jun 15 09:31:27 EDT 2011

Pete,

The problem I have found with USB adapters is that they are driver dependent. At some point an operating system upgrade renders them useless. To solve this problem for my printer I used a print server with a parallel port. This means my printer interface will be compatible until they get rid of TCP/IP which I don't think will happen any time soon. Hmmm.... I wonder if it's IP6 compatible?

I got the print server at Microcenter for not much more than $40. It has a web interface for configuration. I can't remember the make and model. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get the info tonight.

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing