[ale] Virtualization recommendations

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Jun 14 09:31:47 EDT 2011

Running Asterisk in a VM requires special consideration to avoid
real-time timing issues. I think you'll want to do a little research,
but I've seen presentations about using Proxmox with openvz with success
at AAUG (Asterisk UG). There were some specific settings to make it work
acceptably.  Any HVM solution probably has overhead that should be
avoided.  For running a single instance, this may not matter, but if you
want to run 3-20 per server, you'll want to read more.
http://atlaug.com/drupal/