[ale] FreeNas

Mark Wright m.perry.wright at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 22:17:09 EDT 2011

Hi folks,

I have a problem with FreeNas that I wonder if anyone else has seen.

I installed it on an old PC as suggested on a USB stick.  I created a
test volume on the old internal drive, configd some users, did some
backups and shared some files.  All looked good so my next step,
installing some raid involved moving the box to get it off my desk.

When I plugged it back in it won't boot from the USB anymore!?  I
tried everything then reinstalled.  The install program recognized
the old installation and gave me the option of keeping the config
data from my previous install.  Still won't boot.

Is this a Freenas problem or should I be trying to fix my hardware?

Mark Wright
m.perry.wright at gmail.com