[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Jun 11 08:36:31 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-10 at 23:44 -0400, The Don Lachlan wrote:

> People use GNU/Linux for different reasons. Sure, I get that. But how
> can someone support GNU/Linux and simultaneously say that vendor
> lock-in is a positive thing? How can one say it's a positive because
> they conned their customers?

>From a business perspective you have to respect someone who has found a
way to sell you something and keep you coming back for more.  He created
the system that allowed this and you bought into it.  And, you keep
buying into it.  You can quit anytime....

He and You are just examples.  I'm not talking about you specifically :)

The market needs to vote with their wallet if they don't like lock-in.
I prefer not to be locked in when possible.

My point is that I'm against it but I respect those that get away with
it because it is good for business.  Bad for me.