[ale] OT: hardware forumn

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Thu Jun 9 12:44:03 EDT 2011

I'm looking for a good place to ask questions about PC hardware.

I want to build a PC to run linux & VMWare workstation. I need to learn
something about Windows systems administration (don't laugh) and I thought
I'd make a virtual PDC and see if I can get virtual Windows machines to join
the domain. And since I'm blind, I thought I'd take the opportunity to brush
up on my hardware assembly skills too.

So I need help specing out a machine and matching mobo, CPU, and RAM on
newegg. But I don't know where to ask about that.