[ale] OT: AT&T data charge

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Tue Jun 7 21:19:23 EDT 2011

That I'm aware of all of the major carriers require a data plan with use
of a smart phone on their network.

Here's one better that I ran into.  I wanted to add another line to our
family plan.  We had already purchased a phone on Ebay and all I wanted
to do was add the phone on a shared minute plan with my other phone.
Sprint is happy to do this but only if you sign a two year agreement!
Even if the equipment is your own equipment!  Early termination fees
apply!!  Even to your own equipment.  Needless to say we are in the
process of switching to a carrier that has no contracts and offers a
plan that better fits our needs.

11-years on Sprint for us and they are almost paranoid (for lack of a
better word) at loosing us as a customer that they have to lock us into
two-years servitude by signing a contract bonding our bank account to
theirs.  Thanks but no thanks.  So long Sprint.......Getting off the
soapbox.

RinL