[ale] gnome3. I give up.

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 6 10:00:20 EDT 2011

On 6/6/2011 9:31 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I have spent since Fedora 15 was released trying, really trying, to like
> gnome 3.
>
> I give up.
>
> Yes. It has pretty eye candy that will appeal to someone. I will grant
> it is visually attractive.
<snip>

I agree, many of the newer interfaces are just way overdone and under
thought.  I've regressed to XFCE, used to be a KDE guy up until 4.  4
killed KDE for me.  I use other GUIs for work.  I probably use windows 7
more than any other OS (please don't stone me, it's for work :-D ).
While I don't like the default interface, you're still able to strip it
down to the classic 95 like interface and still use the advanced
features of the new task/menu bar.  I tell people over and over again,
I use applications, not operating systems.  Give me a good way to manage
my apps, a good file manager, and I'm good to go.