[ale] ubuntu install has no $PATH?

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Jul 25 09:20:32 EDT 2011

On other forums I’ve seen users having issues and found it was because the install by default linked /bin/sh to dash rather than bash though I’ve never seen a good explanation as to why.

If he types “env” what does his PATH variable show?

Just typing “export PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin”  ought to get a lot of things going.

However, from what I’ve heard Ubuntu likes to make you do sudo for almost everything administrative.