[ale] Cheap wireless adapter find (Richard Faulkner)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:38:56 EDT 2011

My kids use Linux. My 12 year old is happy pounding command line. My 21 year
old was very adamant when she was getting a laptop for college that it "not
run that windows crap".

In the past 20 I've seen no good reason to park a child in front of a
windows machine so much so I almost consider it child abuse to run windows
around kids.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 22:12 -0400, Richard Faulkner wrote:
> > My pleasure....
> >
> > I've been happy with them so far.  Curious about their wireless N
> > product...
>

> I need a good wireless adapter for Windows 7 :(  My daughter's computer.
>
> My gripe is that every manufacturer of wireless adapters seem to want to
> cerate their own connection manager that fights with the one in Windows.
> Please let Windows manage the connections.  Stop trying to add sexy GUIS
> that make things break.
>
> I bought one of those tiny wireless adapters on eBay and it is TOTAL
> CRAP.  It use a RT chipset too.  The problem is that every few reboots I
> have to remove the profile of my AP and add it back.  Add this to the
> fact I'm already pissed because I have to touch the Windows machine in
> the first place.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/