[ale] Google+ is pretty awesome

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Sat Jul 16 06:44:10 EDT 2011

There's not full screen sharing, but I've found document sharing in Google
Docs to provide a pretty damned good replacement.  Open the document for
other folks to view and, if you're collaborating on writing it, everyone can
take a section and do their bit or you can all focus on one part while one
person drives.  If you're showing it to others, you have to treat it like
going over paper documents ("Ok, let's go to the next page.") but it's still
pretty good.

But YMMV.

On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Richard Bronosky <Richard at bronosky.com>wrote:

> I used it to conduct a video panel interview today. We had more than a
> dozen people in 5 different locations. The feature of Hangouts that
> makes the video of whomever speaks to come into focus is excellent. It
> really made it so much better than Skype. If only Google would add
> screen sharing, it would be the perfect collaboration tool.
>
> --
> .!# RichardBronosky #!.

Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."
  - Aimee Mullins