[ale] HP Visualize J210XC Workstation

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Jul 15 16:15:31 EDT 2011

Yep - RedHat announced more than a year ago that they were dropping support for Itanium so there isn't a surprise that RHEL6 isn't available for it.

Just to make life interesting Oracle recently announced they're not going to support Itanium any more for their DB and application software.   This happened not long after they bought Sun which makes competing hardware and Solaris OS.  If you're an optimist and feel everyone does things for good reasons you figure Oracle did it because everyone else is dropping support for Itanium.  If you're a real world kind of person you can't help but wonder if they didn't drop it to make HP suck wind so they can sell more Sun/Solaris stuff.  :-)

I'd say almost certainly the model you're looking for is discontinued.    The latest info I found for it was from 2004 and that wasn't exclusively for it and unfortunately didn't give any useful details.   HP used to put out periodic guides for their systems and I actually found a couple we have lying around for the HP 9000 (server) stuff from 2000-2002 but since we didn't really use the workstations here (except on our V class servers that required a "test station" which is how I ended up with the one I have) we never had the books for Workstation class machines.