[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jul 13 20:47:20 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 17:02 -0400, david w. millians wrote:
> But I'm weird, and don't really have to have that much umph anymore in
> a laptop. It's not like I'm going to edit video on it, or compile the
> OS from scratch. :)

I primarily do development of various types, so beefy (to a sane
upper-limit) is good.  My desktop, OTOH, can compile the entire linux
kernel version 3.0.0 (make allmodconfig) in just over 13 minutes.
That's what I do the majority of my heavy lifting with.  I cannot
_stand_ to wait for compilation to take place.

	--- Mike