[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Jul 13 20:45:38 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 16:07 -0400, David Tomaschik wrote:
> I'm also disappointed when I look at most of the current "consumer"
> laptops.  I can't believe that the industry still sees < 3 hours of
> battery life as acceptable.  I'm also amazed by the fact that these
> 15.6" monsters have become the prevalent size -- they look way too big
> to really be portable to me.  I think they're probably just an
> all-in-one with an attached keyboard.
>
> Maybe I'm just picky, which is what makes this a tough decision.

I can't do terribly small---not because of the display (though that
doesn't hurt, I eat screen real estate like it's carrot cake) but
because of the keyboard size.  Laptops aren't ergonomic, and they hurt
me to use for prolonged periods anyway, but the smaller the keyboard,
the worse the problem.

	--- Mike