[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jul 11 17:39:09 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 16:03 -0400, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> Your failing display suggests that no further expense on it is
> warranted.  Replace that puppy.

I'd attempt repair of the display before replacing the battery; if
simple repair attempts succeed then there would be no reason that the
system has to be retired.

That said, I'll wave my hands around and jump all over the place:  I'll
take retired laptops that would otherwise go in the garbage...  I
sometimes wind up throwing them away anyway, if they cannot be fixed,
but if they can be fixed, well, that's how I got my current laptop.  :-)

	--- Mike