[ale] [OT] Laptop Battery Worth It?

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Jul 11 14:03:58 EDT 2011

Thanks all for the feedback.

I don't think the display issue is inverter or CCFL, because the
effect is really more like static than a flicker.  (I described it
poorly in my original message, sorry.)  Sometimes it will display 4
versions of the screen, each occupying 1/4 of the screen, but with
snow on top of them.  (Typically, the snow is grouped in horizontal
bands -- if anyone knows what that might be, let me know.)

There is only one supplier for the battery on eBay, and their reviews
are mixed but mostly good.

If I were to replace the laptop, I'd be inclined to go with the Dell
Vostro 3350 (in a Core i5).  13.3" screen, Core i5, 7-8 hours battery
life, for $689 shipped.

David