[ale] Megaraid_SAS 9260 and Linux/Ubuntu Natty?

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jul 11 13:40:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 11:17 -0600, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Anyone using an LSI Megaraid SAS 9260?  I'm trying to build out a new
> server with this card.  lspci shows the card, the drives 'post' at
> power on, but the ubuntu natty install disk doesn't show any drives
> and I'm not finding a way to configure the card.

Looks like you need to download the driver and build it.  I don't see
anything making the claim that the kernel has a built-in driver for it.

They seem to have an all-in-one driver package that has source and
binaries.  The source might need a bit of patching to work with Natty's
kernel.  Other than that, though, it _should_ work.

I found the drivers here: http://kb.lsi.com/Download15861.aspx

	--- Mike