[ale] More Lightscribe for Linux

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Jul 11 11:00:42 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 10:38 AM, aaron <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011/07/11, at 07:33 , Jim Kinney wrote:
>
>> I've heard all of this before but have never heard evidence
>>
>> supporting a failure. Lables are a pain to install especially
>>
>> if there are many to do.
>>
> I had an employer who made me use stick on labels on
> our disks for a while.  Despite best care in application,
> the stick on labeled discs failed at a significant rate.
> Not just balance, but overall weight of the disk can be
> a factor with some players.
>
> peace
> aaron

I have a co-worker who insists on labeling every disk he uses.  (In
fact, he even labels disks borrowed from others.)  While I'm not aware
of any imbalance issues he's run into, it seems silly to me when he
spends 15 minutes making, printing, and applying a label vs. the 30
seconds it takes me to write with a sharpie.

Most of these disks are internal use type things (OS install disks
mainly) -- I can understand labels for disks going out to users, etc.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com