[ale] Internship

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Jul 11 09:30:52 EDT 2011

Also looking for jobs that are at odd hours is a good way to get
experience.   When I made the switch from Accounting/Management to full
time IT 20 years ago I had to take an entry level job working nights.
In less than a year I was on days and by the time I left 5 years later
I'd been promoted twice (and could have moved faster than that but
resisted promotions that required me to wear a pager - nowadays most
Admins have cell phones so everyone can get "paged").   If you're
actually intelligent you can move up quickly in IT.  On my next job I
got promoted twice in the first 2 years.